What's My Motivation?

Today's Passage: Psalm 34:1-3

Memory Verse: Psalm 7:17
Psalm 52:9

Sunday February 21, 2010

Remember the T.V. commercial Sprite aired a few years ago? The actor was trying to remember his lines but he was distracted by the soda. No matter what they did he continued to mess up the scene because all he could see was "Sprite". When he messed it up for the last time, he said "What's my motivation"? Which is an actor's way of asking what the personality of his/her character should be. I laughed hysterically everytime I saw that commercial.

Well it's Sunday morning and I want to give you your motivation. You're a person who just received another chance at life after being taken off death row at the moment of execution. As directed by the parole board, you have 90 minutes to express your feelings to the One who bought your freedom. You have to find Him to make sure He knows how much you love and appreciate Him, but there's adversity in your way. The thoughts of who you are and what you did plague you with every step. The good news is you've just been informed that He'll be waiting for you at Abundant Life Ministries today at 10 a.m. Get ready, hurry!

When you get to Abundant Life you'll find the set laid out for you. The Praise Choir will assist you with entering into His presence. They'll sing what He'd like to hear you say, so sing with them. They'll dance and praise to show admiration, appreciation, and submission. So dance and praise with them. Then, Pastors Chad and Antoinette will give you His instructions. You'll need to listen carefully and implement them to make sure you're never on death row again. Now remember, you may only have one shot at this. Don't forget your lines. If you need to review them turn to Psalm 7:17 in your bible and read the words aloud: "I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness, and will sing praise to the Name of The Lord Most High"! Don't get distracted by earthly things that only gratify the flesh (like the guy in the commercial). Understand that this moment is about you and Him. Okay, it's on you now. What will you say? What will you do? Places everyone....lights, camera, action.....

Prayer:
Thank You Father for redeeming and restoring me. I'll never take what Jesus did for me for granted again. I am so grateful for Your love and favor. My heart is Yours, my worship is Yours, my life is Yours. And I plan on showing my love for You today and everyday, in Jesus' Name...Amen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woops I was suppose to wait until Sunday to read this! Oh well I loved it! While I was reading this and thinking about Sunday's message the Sprite slogan came to mind
"Obey your thirst"
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.
Matthew 5:6.....ahhhhh..."Refreshing!" P.Nette

Pastors Chris / Yassah Lee said...

I agree completely that this word was awesome. I love the fact that as believers, we don't have to pump ourselves up or drum up the motivation to praise or live for Christ. Just look at the cross! Pastor Yassah

Anonymous said...

The daily devotioins are a great idea and have been helpfull. Thanks for loveing us enoght to do a little more to help keep us on the straght and narrow.
miss,Free