Nothing Like New!!!

Today's Passage: Isaiah 43:18-19

Memory Verse: 2 Cor. 5:17

Tuesday, February 16,2010

Aaaaahhh, the smell of something new! I know you've experienced it. Whether you've bought a new car, outfit, or pair of shoes, that smell is unforgettable isn't it? That fragrance is a reminder that the item you possess has never been owned by anyone but you. It also says this product is fresh, unique, unexposed to everyday usage. That smell tends to stick with you. Most of the time, it's the thing that draws your attention to the item you covet. It makes you want IT, no matter what it costs.

As we are made in the image of our Father, we must imagine He is not different in this regard. Isaiah 43:18-19 tells us not to remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. God goes on to say "Behold, I will do a new thing"! New.....imagine that! Our Pastors have defined new as something previously existing, but newly discovered. Which is the perfect summation of today's memory verse which reads: "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation". See, man/woman previously existed, but after surrendering to Christ, they all become new. Their talk is new, their walk is new, their praise is new, even their decision-making process is derived from a totally new system of beliefs. And this draws God's attention, just like the smell of newness draws ours.

So I challenge you to walk in newness today. Throw out old habits and mind-sets and allow yourself to be totally led by God. Who knows, you just may hear God's voice say aaahhhh, the smell of something new!

Prayer:
Father you deserve the best I can give. I commit to giving You my all everyday I live. Lord, I want what I give to be fresh and new, too. I desire to keep myself free from habits that become religious and mundane. As You breathe a fresh anointing into me, I'll release newness back to You...in Jesus' Name, Amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loves this word...New is what I want to be, tired of the "old" life, "old" wants, "old" desires.....I realize I have been made NEW in Christ, not just fixed up, or made better, but NEW, fresh, original!!!!