Do You Have What It Takes?

Today's Passage: 1 Corinthians 15:52,58

Memory Verse: Phillipians 3:14

Sunday February 28, 2010

Hello Friends & Lifers! I pray you are walking in God's favor and mercy as you are being obedient to Him. Have you had the chance to watch the winter olympics? I'm amazed at how well the athletes perform, even while under extreme pressure. You don't have to tell me about the courage it takes for some of these events either. I'm reminded of the last ski trip I went on. Let's just say it wasn't pretty. The point of our devotional today is based on the mindset of the olympic athlete. All olympians have something in common no matter what country they're representing. They are dedicated to their craft, they are focused and driven, and they realize the flag on their backs will always mean more than the medal around their necks. Think about it. These athletes train vigorously for 4 years in order to win a two-minute event.

My Friends we have to consider having this mentality. 1 Corinthians 15:52 says "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed". How's that for a down-hill ski time? We are literally training our whole lives for this short period of time. In doing so, we must be dedicated to our belief. Verse 58 in that chapter tells us to be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your work is not in vain in the Lord. We must also be focusd and driven. Paul said to the Phillipians (3:14) "I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus". Finally Brothers and Sisters we must realize that who we are will never be as important as whose we are. We must be ambassadors of the Kingdom of God. We must represent our nation with the holiness and righteousness by which it was established.

So I challenge you today to keep training. Fine-tune your walk with the Lord daily. Understand there will be resistance, but it only makes you stronger. Unlike the olympics, THIS race is not given to the swift nor the battle to the strong. We simply must be faithfull until death to win a crown of life.

Prayer:
Father I need Your strength to be made perfect in my weakness. If I am to finish my course, I must keep my eyes on You. You are my motivation and my inspiration. All I do is for Your glory...in Jesus' Name Amen

1 comment:

Pastors Chris / Yassah Lee said...

Good Word, Pastor Chris. Everytime we walk in victory, declaring what God says about the thing rather than what it looks like, we are flexing our spiritual muscles in preparation for our final Olympic meet in the air with our Lord. What a prize to press for!