Heads Up!!!

Todays's Passage: Deuteronomy 10:18-19

Memory Verse: Deuteronomy 10:21

Sunday February 14, 2010

Hello Friends! I hope you were able to wake up this morning rested and ready to take charge of what's going to be a great day. I am so filled with the love of God as I write this devotional. God's love is the most valuable benefit you'll ever have in life. I get goose bumps when I think my life has meaning only because the Creator of Heaven and Earth loves me. A moment please while I have a praise break.......okay let's continue.

Most people define love by the"warm and fuzzy" FEELING they get. But what's special about God's love is the way it FUNCTIONS. Deuteronomy 10:18-19 says "He administers justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves the stranger, giving him food and clothing. Therefore, love the stranger for you were once strangers in Egypt". See what I mean? First of all God seeks justice (right standing) for those who have been neglected or left all alone. Then, He loves those who don't even know Him, providing them with everyday needs, not just lip service. Finally, He admonishes those who DO know Him to love the stranger as well (those who don't know God) because we were once strangers also.

How praise-worthy is THAT? God's love is like walking into the most exclusive spa or country club and getting top service although you haven't earned it, nor can afford it!!! So heads up Body of Christ!! You're God's chosen. Don't let anything or anyone steal your joy. Why? Because God loves you. Verse 21 of that same passage says "He is your praise and He is your God, who has done for you these great and awesome things which your eyes have seen". Yes, it's going to be a GREAT day indeed!

Prayer:
Father Your love is so amazing. Words cannot express how wonderful it is to be covered by You. Now I commit to take the love You've given me and share it with someone who may not know You. Use me as You see fit, and I will hear and obey... In Jesus' Name....Amen!

No comments: