February 2, 2010

Today's Passage: Proverbs 6:12-19
Memory Verses: Prov. 6:16-17

In our society over the past few decades, a person's word has ceased to be his or her bond, and honesty is now regarded as a thing of the past. What has become acceptable in its place is "little white lies", which we all know are neither little nor pure. In my experience, everytime I've lied to cover up something I did that I didn't want someone to find out, I've had to tell another lie.

Being honest is very important to the Father because He knows that it would be easy to deceive even ourselves when we begin to habitually lie. You see, it may start with one lie, but it never ends there. satan is the father of all lies, and once we take on this habit, it quickly becomes part of our character, and before we know it, we've lost ourselves and our right standing with God. Psalm 51:6 says, "Behold, You desire TRUTH in the inward parts." God sees those places we try to hide from others, and it displeases Him greatly to hear us tell lies when He knows and sees what's truth.

May we always allow the Lord's light to shine in every corner of our hearts.

Prayer: Father, too many times I've lied to a friend or my spouse because I was more concerned about not getting them upset with me. I forget that my loyalty lies much more with You than with anyone else. You created me,and You are the One to Whom I will have to give an account. Help me to walk before You, first, in honesty. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: