I look at the lives of generals in the faith who have been working in the kingdom for so many years, pursuing their Dreams. One name in particular is Arthur Bless it, the gentleman who has traveled all over the world literally carrying the cross to share the gospel. Another name that I don't even have to think about that long is Billy Graham, a man whose passion for telling the world that Jesus saves has touched all of us in some way. For some who’s Dream is still a burning vision and has not yet come into fruition, the Dream Giver uses people like these to encourage and remind that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH HIM.
But for those of us who are on the verge of seeing the Dream unfold in some form or another, there are some truths we are challenged to grasp. Is your Dream something that will bring fulfillment to only YOU, or is it centered around changing and transforming some facet of the despair-ridden Wasteland that we live in? Are you willing to CONNECT with other Somebodies who have chosen to leave the land of Familiar and shed the title of "Ordinary" in order to fulfill their Dream, or do you somehow think you are the ONLY ONE with enough faith and vision to see it through? Finally, what will you do when the Dream Giver empowers you to fulfill the Dream? Will you REST in that place, or continue to follow His leading into NEW TERRITORIES -- just like Arthur Bless it and Billy Graham have done?
Read with us this week as we conclude our journey into pursuing our Dream and solidify our commitment to live in the Land of Promise according to the Dream Giver’s Plan.
Week of September 2nd: Thriving In the Land of Promise
Monday, September 2nd> Genesis 6: 5-22; 2 Timothy chapter 3
1. Although we all see a beautiful, finished picture of our Dream, what REALITY does the Dream Giver show us of the world around us?
Tuesday, September 3rd> Mark 16: 14-20; 1 John 3: 11-18
2. Even though we have different Dreams, what are some DREAMS the Dream Giver is asking us ALL to fulfill?
Wednesday, September 4th> Ephesians 4: 11-16; Acts 2: 42-47
3. What has the Dream Giver given us to make a difference in the lives of Anybody’s who have needs?
Thursday, September 5th> Proverbs chapter 3; Matthew chapter 6
4. What strategies does WISDOM suggest we should use when working our Dream so that we don't become overwhelmed?
Friday, September 6th> Joshua 1: 12-18; Isaiah chapter 61
5. What role does the Dream Giver expect us to play in helping other anybody’s realize that they have Dreams, too?
Saturday, September 7th> Ephesians 4: 11-16; Acts 2: 42-47
6. How important is making CONNECTIONS with Anybody’s in the Body who may have like Dreams or resources that could help us accomplish ours?
Sunday, September 8th> Joshua 1: 1-10; Joshua 14: 6-15
7. When we begin to see doors open and success occur in the fulfillment of our Dream, what should our attitude be towards the work of the kingdom that is still to be done?