Get Wisdom!

Friday, July 1st, 2011

Today's Passage: 1 Kings 10:1-13
Memory Verse: 1 Kings 10:9

My nephew is so funny.  He's a teen-ager now, so you know what he's going through.  Little girls whisper things when we're out in the community.  He just smiles and waves.  My kids relish the opportunity to make fun of him.  I guess it's good in that it's actually giving me a glimpse of what my pre-teen sons are headed for.

Solomon was a young king.  When a person is as young as he was, so many things can have influence over you.  Remember the music, the people, and the clothing styles that filled our lives everyday?  Despite all the parental advice we got, we still ran after the things we thought were validating us.  So, here comes the Queen of Sheba.  She had heard about Solomon's wisdom in her home land.  Being skeptical, she set out to come meet the "wise king" for herself.  

Have you ever had someone come into your life just to test you?  That's what I tell my nephew.  "It's just a test, kid".  The enemy wants to know if you are who you say you are.  He wants to see if you'll give in at the first sign of weakness.  Solomon, however, didn't.  He stayed true to the wisdom God gave him.  Because he did, Sheba showered gifts of wealth on him.  We need to understand that the finer things in life don't come without wisdom.  We have to be true to it.  Often times, we already have the answers inside us for everyday circumstances, but we make them worse by ignoring wisdom.  God knows what the devil intends for us.  That's why He gave us a tool that nullifies all his traps.  That tool is called wisdom.  Do you want to have a good relationship?  Get wisdom.  Do you want your money to stop slipping through your fingers?  Get wisdom.  Do you want people to trust you more?  Get wisdom.  Do you want to experience God in a way you never have before?  Get wisdom.  It's the most valuable thing you can possess.  Walking in it will solidify your place in a life of blessing.  It'll also assure your safety.  God knows some people don't mean you any good.  How do you keep them at bay?.......Get wisdom!           

Prayer: Father, You are so worthy to be praised.  I gladly take my place in Your shadow.  I will live by Your Word and grace.  Guide me with Your loving hand.  My heart is singing out to You today.  Let me sit at Your feet and be in Your presence.  I am Yours forever more, in Jesus' name. Amen

No comments: