Make War!!!!!!

Tuesday, June 14th, 2011

Today's Passage: Ephesians 6:10-18
Memory Verses:Eph. 6: 11-12

The lyrics to Christian rapper's long "Make War" express perfectly our message for today's blog:

" I hear so many Christians, murmuring about their imperfections, and their failures, and their addiction, and their shortcomings. And I see so little war! Murmur, murmur, murmur. Why am I this way? Make War!

Verse 1 (Tedashii): Bang with me/ba-bang bang, ba-bang with me/ No more playing games man/cause this thang can get risky/ So man if you in Christ/TAKE UP!!/your cross quickly/ Stand fearless on the frontline/time to come with it/ Do the right thing/WAKE UP!!/and lets get it/ I ain't even in the ring/they throwing blows like Riddick/ Persistently attacking me/they're even in the back of me/ It's either fight or lose my life and I can't take this passively/ So what you think I'm bout to do/I'm bout to do what I can do/ Trust the ONE who got me through/and fight like it was after school.

Never giving up/steady, standing on the battle field/ Feet firm to the ground like I stepped on Chappel Hill/ Flesh feeling frisky, sin persuades and tempts me/ Satan cheers me on/guilt followed by conviction/ It's the same ol' trap/and we fall like we defenseless/ Work your senses/grow in wisdom/stand firm and be relentless/ I MAKE WAR!/Cause sin never sleeps/ It's got me in a trance/you can see it in my dreams/ I MAKE WAR!/Man I beat my flesh/ to the death/every breath/like I beat my chest/ I MAKE WAR!

Well, TD Nation, there you have it. Two words that do NOT go together are "believer" and "coward". We've been equipped with armor that makes us literally invincible. But the enemy we need to watch out for is OURSELVES. Our thoughts, our feelings, and our desires can be the things that the enemy uses to put chinks in our holy armor... if we let them. But when put in their place, they only serve to be used to defeat the enemy. As we pray boldly, exposing whatever lies within that gives the devil a foothold, and putting ministering spirits on assignment to fight forces on the outside, we really ARE invincible. So what are you waiting for? MAKE WAR!!!!!!!

Prayer: Father, You have given us the helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, and the sword of the Spirit to protect our heads, hearts and lives. We have the belt of truth , the shield of faith, and the shoes of the gospel of peace to keep us firmly standing against the enemy's tricks. We stand now with the whole armor, declaring that we are victorious over every attack of the enemy. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: