Prayers That Prevail

Sunday, June 12th, 2011

Today's Passage: John 15: 1-10
Memory Verse: John 15: 4-5

Father, the more I see Your hand at work in the lives of the people around me, the more I realize how much we all need You.  The more I see how miserably I fail without You, the more I desire to abide in You.  The word "abide" means to continue, to stay, and to remain.  

Today, I determine to continue in Your ways like never before.  Since You came into my life, You've required me to change everything.  My way of thinking has had to go; my attitude of only looking out for myself, my goals, and my dreams.  You've changed my idea of conditional love to that of selfless love, seeking first Your kingdom and its righteousness.

I do repent for the times when I have tried to go back to that person who thought she knew what was best.  I ask You to guide my thoughts and actions as I depend more and more on You.  I will stay in You by staying in Your Word and making it more of a part of my life.  No longer do I have the option to decide when to obey and when not to; it's all or nothing.

As I prepare to worship You in the assembly of the saints, may the fruit only You can produce through me come forth.  As I submit to You will and way, let the creativity and newness flow from me and my brothers and sisters of TD Nation.  Let us produce new songs to invite Your glory into our lives, and may our pastors minister from Your heart to change us even the more.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.  

No comments: