Just Wanna Make You Famous!!!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Today's Passage: 1 Chronicles 16:24-25
Memory Verse: Same

"Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples. For the Lord is great and greatly to be praised; He is also to be feared above all gods."

The word "glory" is defined as great praise, honor, or distinction bestowed by consent. It is the source of admiration and FAME. Whenever we give God "glory", we are essentially declaring His goodness to everyone we see. We're showing our gratitude before the nations. God's glory is released into the world from the hearts of His children. It's revealed by lips that praise and hearts that worship. The Bible says He inhabits the praise of His people. That means God is attracted to places where He is getting His glory. What am I saying? I'm saying if You need the presence of the Most High in your life you should start making Him famous. That's right, people. The more famous we make Him, the more we get to be in His presence. David figured it out. He knew it wasn't enough for people to know him; he wanted people to know God. David was one of the first to desire to make God famous. He said "For the Lord is great and greatly to be praised." Great, in this context, means 'all'. So David said the Lord is bigger than "all things", so "all things" should praise Him (make Him famous). I don't know about you, but I get excited about how great God is. My excitement goes beyond Sunday, too. I want to bring Him glory at work on Monday. I want my life to make Him famous by the way I treat my wife and children. With every step I take, I want to be used to introduce people to Him. You can do it too. Start today by going to church and making the experience about Him. Take your Bible, a pen, and a note pad so you can leave with something you can revisit and apply to your life. Don't be too embarassed to praise with abandonment. God's ready to move in your life. Are you ready to move for His? Let's make Him famous...

Prayer:
Lord, I'll declare Your greatness wherever I go. You're worthy of glory, honor, and praise. No-one's greater than You. No-one's bigger, and no-one's more powerful. You are my source and my redeemer. Glory to Your name in all the earth. In Jesus' name. Amen

No comments: