The Language of the Kingdom

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Today's Passage: Matthew 6:8-13
Memory Verse: Same

My wife is always thinking about traveling. You see, she's originally from West Africa, so traveling is part of her life. Where there are some benefits to traveling abroad, there are some barriers to it as well. For instance, not being able to speak the language of the country you're in can be the difference between an awesome vacation, or an awful one.

For Christians, knowing the language that gets us to the Father is key to spiritual growth. Most people struggle to maintain a relationship with Him because when in His presence, they don't know the lingo. They haven't studied enough to learn the layout of His kingdom, so they lack the ability to effectively express themselves or understand His expressions. Jesus not only taught the disciples to pray, He taught them the language. He told them to address God as "Father"; but acknowledge He is Holy (hallowed be thy name). Jesus told them that the subject of all communication is the status of the kingdom, and that status should always be mirroring on Earth what it is doing in Heaven. Next is the motivation to recieve daily from the Father, and to let your portion be forgiveness. Finally, it's all about the kingdom. It's God's, and with it comes all power and authority forever.

I challenge you to learn the language of the kingdom. When you do, you'll learn its purpose. You'll also learn your place in it. Don't make the mistake of using the language the world uses to access its gods. You know what it sounds like: gimme gimme, me first, I I I, if you'll do this, and all that stuff. Our Father is a Holy King, so He knows what we need. He also knows when we need it. So the shopping lists don't move Him, nor do the tears. He's only moved by faith and obedience. Remember: His eyes move to and fro seeking those who are totally devoted. We can't have His presence if we don't speak His language.

Prayer:
I just wanna be where You are, dwelling daily in Your presence. I don't wanna worship from afar. I wanna be where You are. I need You God. Speak to my heart and I'll follow You forever. In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments: