Big Day Today!!!

Today's Passage: Esther 2:1-17
Memory Verse: Jeremiah 1:5

Sunday May 2, 2010

Hello Friends & Lifers! Today is an important day. Today is the day you get your appointment with the King. Are you prepared? What will do? Better yet, what will you say? You can't just blow it off. It's not like it's your uncle or something, it's GOD! We have to plan for this big day.

In preparing for a King, you have to first know that you've been chosen. Jeremiah 1:5 says "before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified (preserved) you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations." My friend, God has chosen you and set you aside to do great things. He doesn't create anything without a purpose. You are His chosen. Second, after realizing you've been chosen, you must find ways to please Him. Worship, praise, dance, sing, fast, and pray; do any and everything you know will bring glory to His name. If you do this, you will be in position to earn His favor (presence). Understand that God's favor comes with great benefits. You get surrounded by the best people, and you get to spend time in the most beautiful places. When you're ready, you'll get to come into the presence of the King and ask for anything you want. And if your heart and motives are pure, He'll even offer you a crown.

So you can't approach this day like it's just another day. This is the day you get to go before the King. You want my advice? Okay. Be humble. He may be in the image of a loving Father or Friend, but He's still your King so worship Him. Be holy. Don't expose Him to carnality. Clean yourself up before you get to Him. Trust me, He'll be able to see through the artificial stuff. Lastly, bring Him an offering (praise, worship, obedience). He loves knowing He's important to you. The challenge today is to ready yourself for an appointment with the King.

Prayer:
Make me ready to be in Your holy presence Father. Prepare me for Your awesome power and love. You are my dwelling place and my affections are Yours. I look forward to being with You today and everyday, in Jesus' name...Amen!

No comments: