Behold Your Mother!!!

Today's Passage: John 19:26-27
Memory Verse: Same

Saturday May 8, 2010

Blessings, Friends & Lifers! I was five years young when my biological mother went home to be with the Lord. To this day, I have memories of what seemed like hundreds of people being in the house. Family members would sit me on their laps and play with me, while others watched my brother as he sat on the porch. Later that night, my grandmother told me to say my prayers and go to bed. "Say my prayers!" I thought. What do I say? All I could manage was "God, who's gonna be my mother now?" I didn't know that He had already provided.

For those of you who haven't had the experience of having a doctor tell you you're pregnant, or maybe you've never had the opportunity to feel a child growing in YOUR womb, I want to thank you for every child, like me, you either raised yourself, or helped someone to raise. Let's look back to Jesus' last moments of life. As He hung on the cross, there stood before Him Mary (His mother), and John. Jesus said to Mary: "Woman, behold your son." Then He said to John, "Behold your mother." The bible then says that from that hour, John took her to his home. I can't fathom the pain felt by a woman who's lost a child, or wasn't able to have one at all. What I can imagine, however, is a loving God who can take disappointment and turn it into triumph. So this Mother's Day is for you. Thank you for YOUR sacrifices Momma. You have our respect, our love, and our gratitude. Personally, if it weren't for my grandmother, I don't know where I'd be. Going back to the day of the funeral, she had not only buried her daughter, she inherited two extra mouths to feed on very meager earnings. But with her head held high, she took my brother and me in, loved us, raised us, and pointed us toward the cross. I can't remember a day I wanted for anything, or one hungry night. The floor creaked and the roof leaked, but she made our house a home. If you're reading this and you can relate, Happy Mother's Day to you! Happy Mother's Day Grandma, Auntie, Sister, Step-Mother, Adoptive Mother, and Foster Mom. You deserve it. And You also deserve every blessing that comes with it.

Prayer:
Words can't adequately express the gratitude I have for the "mother" You chose for me God. I pray I've honored her as Your Word says. Bless her today. Wrap Your loving arms around her. Tell her You're pleased with her sacrifice. I give You praise for her....and for You, in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: