Daddy's Coming!!!

Today's Passage: Psalms 50:15
Memory Verse: Psalms 86:7

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hello, Friends & Lifers! I was in the last meeting of the day yesterday when my cell phone began to vibrate. It was my son needing a ride home from school....again! This had happened time and time again. As I am never comfortable with this situation, he's always totally calm about it. I eventually asked how he could remain so calm, and his reply was "cause I can just call my dad."

I am thankful for the assurance that we can call on our Father whenever we need Him. There is no circumstance too big or small for Him. You can be certain that He'll always be there. When my son spoke those words, his faith in me seemed to give me strength. It was as though his confidence gave credibility to my role as a father. How do you think our faith makes God feel? Our confidence in Him makes Him want to move mountains for us. We should be like the kids on the playground back in the day when they would make up elaborate stories about what their "dads" could do. The one kid would say "My daddy can build a skyscraper with a pencil and a jar of jelly." The other kid would say "my daddy can leap over 17 buses with a ton of bricks tied to his legs." As children of the Most High, we don't even have to exaggerate. Our Daddy can part seas down the middle and let us walk through them on dry land. Our Daddy can stop storms and raise the dead. He can make bread without an oven and throw it from the sky.

How confident are you in your Father? When trouble comes, who do you run to? Psalms 50:15 says "Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me." God wants us to run to Him when things aren't right. When we run to Him, our faith in Him brings Him glory and credibility. Be confident in the fact that He's waiting to come to your rescue. No worries. If you're ever in a situation just do what my son did.....call your Daddy.

Prayer:
I need You Jesus, to come to my rescue. Where else can I go? There's no other Name by which I am saved; capture me with grace. I will follow You...in Jesus' name, Amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!! As always that is an awesome word. Thank you Pastors for your dedication to these "Daily Devotions" May our Daddy continue to bless you and your family.