He Is Life!!!

Today's Passage: John 11:25
Memory Verse: John 6:35

Friday, May 14, 2010

Blessings, Friends & Lifers! Ask yourself this question: What is life? Is life a series of plans joined together by time, or is it consecutive breaths taken over a few years? What is life? The dictionary defines life as "the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects". It also says it's a period of "animate" existence. What? So now we're cartoons? Just kidding! These ambiguous descriptions are distinct indicators that man, in his natural mind, is powerless in defining such a phenomenon.

Let's help them out, Body of Christ. Let's let them know that life is not a "what", it's a "who". Jesus said to Martha, just before He brought her brother back from the dead, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, will live." So we learn that in order to truly have life, we must truly have Jesus. I mean, Paul summed it up best when he said "to live is Christ". Existing without Jesus is day after day going from one failure to the other. Basically, you're just breathing to death. Sin is your boss and guilt is its son. Death is the only way out with torment leading the way.

So my friends, God says He has set before you death and life, blessings and curses. What do you choose? What's your existence from now on going to be like? You can choose to be resurrected over and over through grace and love, or be tormented slowly through sin and death. Go ahead...it's YOUR life!

Prayer:
Jesus, You are my life and my hope. My faith is in You alone. Let me always walk in Your ways because that's where "life" is. You are life. So I submit myself to You...in Jesus' name. Amen

No comments: