Prayers That Prevail

Sunday, May 1st, 2011

Today's Passage: Revelations chapters 4 through 7
Memory Verse(s):

Father, today I thank You for Jesus, the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world.  I find myself in awe that He sacrificed Himself to provide redemption for all my sins.  No-one else was found worthy to open the scrolls.  But He, because He laid down His life for us all, was the only One worthy to do this.  For this reason, we will all praise You both until eternity.

As I prepare to go into Your house this morning, I strip myself of everything that would stand in the way of my entrance into Your presence.  I repent for allowing complacency and distractions to cloud my view and make my priorities something other than seeking and placing You first in my life.  As I worship You today, may the scales fall off my eyes that I may see Who Your Son Jesus really is: the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.

He is the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the True and Faithful Witness.  And I testify along with all the saints who will be too many to be numbered that my life is Yours.  I will be forever devoted to You, living out my days by declaring Your goodness to those who may not have a clue.  I prY also for those who don't know that death, he'll, and the grave have been cheated by taking away their power.  Live big in me forever, and I am so looking forward to worshipping at Your feet when You come to take us all home.  In Jesus' Precious Name, Amen.

No comments: