Prayers That Prevail!

Sunday April 3, 2011

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God.  Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God.  The person that refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love--so you can't know Him if you don't love. 
1 John 4:7-8 (Mess.)

Father this is the day that fresh revelation will change my life.  That revelation is "Your" meaning of love.  Lord I always thought I should only love those who love me first.  I also thought You would excuse me from loving those who hurt or betrayed me.  But You have shown me what true love really is, and You started with me.  How unlovable was I when You found me?  How many times have I turned away from You since then? 

Lord I can see my way through to praise You more and more now.  How?  I now understand how love works.  I understand that love is patient and kind, is not puffed up and suffers long.  I even understand why You gave me the capacity to love.  The reason was to use it to meet someone else' need.  What a fool I was Father to think love was a feeling.  For so long I thought love was my response to what made me feel good.  I didn't know that being in love meant being in You.  

So let my life be a demonstration of Your love.  I no longer want to be rooted in the things I "thought" love was.  I want to bear the fruit of love everyday of my life.  That's what brings You glory, Lord.  That's where You are pleased.  Now, give me the strength and courage to live by this new revelation.....in Jesus' name. Amen



No comments: