Who is the Holy Spirit to You?

Monday, April 4th, 2011

Today's Passage: Acts chapter 2
Memory Verse(s): Acts 1:8


Almost every Christian that you talk to will tell you that he or she believes in the Holy Spirit. However, exactly WHAT He is is a mystery. Many can't grasp His purpose beyond the head knowledge of the doctrine that their particular denominations profess. So, aside from all that, let's just take a journey into my personal experience with the Holy Spirit.

What do I believe about the Holy Spirit? First of all, I know Him to be a Person, not a thing. He is manifested as the Third Person of the Triune Being that is our God. He was the One sent by God the Father after Jesus ascended into Heaven. Jesus' death made it possible for Him to be multiplied in the spirit of every believer.

Before I accepted Christ, I experienced the Holy Spirit only on rare occasions when I visited churches where He was made welcome. Now that I think about it, there was no conviction of my sin at my church where I was only going through the motions through liturgy and other religious rhetoric. But as soon as I entered a church where He was at home, I could tell the difference. I could feel Him speaking to me, urging me to let the Son live in my heart.

When I finally listened and obeyed, I now had a constant reminder of the Father's will on a daily basis in my life. Every time I obey, I hear Him whisper, "Well done, daughter. The Father is pleased.". But when I mess up, He counteracts the voice of the accuser of the brethren who speaks only condemnation. He speaks life to my spirit again, filling me with the desire to conform to the image of my Father. Not a day goes by that I'm not grateful for His presence. I wouldn't trade Him for all the gold in the universe. Invite Him to live in you today.

Prayer: Father, thank You for the Holy Spirit. He is the Interpreter of the things You want for my life. He makes You real to me, and never let's me forget that I'm Yours. Live big in me through Him and possess me to be everything You desire from me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: