Prayers that Avail Much

Sunday, April 17th, 2011

Today's Passage: Philippians 4: 2-9
Memory Verse: Phil. 4:8

Father, thank You for Your Word.  You have given me specific instructions on how to live well from one day to the next.  Whenever I obey You, I experience a deep fulfillment in my spirit.    As I prepare to go into Your house, I apply today's bread to my life, which has to do with my attitude.

First, I receive the Word that tells me to rejoice always in You.  You knew that circumstances would not always be pleasant or favorable.  So You want to teach Your people to walk in a joy that's not based on emotions or things that take place.  I ask You to flood me with Your joy, and that it will overflow wherever I go.

Next, I make a firm decision to walk in gentleness at all times.  I declare that Your love and grace has made it possible for me to see others the way You see them.  No longer do I have to look out for just myself, or put up walls to protect myself from negative influences from without.  I repent for the times I didn't obey, but wasted precious time looking for a reason to be depressed and difficult to deal with.

Finally, I will think on things that are pure, praiseworthy, true, and of good report.   I am Your anointed, You have chosen me to sing praises to Your  great Name.  No weapon formed against me will ever be able to prosper.  Everything that I've been called to accomplish will be done through me.  As I worship You, may My worship reflect Your character and draw You closer.  In Jesus' mighty Name, Amen.

No comments: