Stand & See!!!

Sunday August 22, 2010

Today's Passage: Exodus 14:4
Memory Verse: Exodus 14:13

Ever been in a situation you thought would be impossible to get out of?  Can you remember how you got out of it?  Now let me ask the REAL question: as you look back on it, do you think God put you there on purpose?  I know I know.  It's inconceivable to think God would do that, but hear me out first.  

There are 2 things God seems to be very serious about: redeeming His lost and showing His power & glory.  All throughout the Bible, you will find Him doing either one or the other.  That being said, do you think He'd ever put us in a situation where His glory is the only option?  Did he do that to Job, the 3 Hebrew boys, or Daniel?  Christians have walked away from God because He turned up a little heat in their lives, only to realize that the heat they so despised was merely a set up for God to move.  That leads me to ask if we really believe we belong to Him.  Do we really believe He cares for us?  Let's reference a pivotal event in the lives of the Children of Israel.  After God (through Moses) had successfully convinced Pharaoh to let His people go, he led them out of Egypt toward the Red Sea.  You know this story so let's pick it up in Exodus 14.  Verse 4 says "Then I'll (God) make Pharaoh's heart stubborn again and he'll chase after them".  What?  God WANTED the Egyptians to chase them?  I thought His will was for the Israelites to be free?  But wait, there's more.  God goes on to say "And I'll use Pharaoh and his army to put my glory on display".  God says it's not enough to just free you from your bondage.  He wants to do it so that His glory is on display.  He wants you to know where the credit goes.  And He wants your enemy destroyed.

In order for God's power & glory to be seen on Earth, He has to have people of faith who are not afraid of a little heat.  He has to have children who'll declare His might and STAND on what they declare.  If they get sick, they'll say "Lord You're mighty".  If their finances get out of whack, they'll say "Lord You're mighty".  See, they'll say it because they know their situation is not a set back, it's a set up.  Exodus 14 ends with God parting the Red Sea so the Israelites can safely cross.  When the Egyptians tried to pursue them, the waters returned and drowned them. Is that the work of a mighty God or what?  So if you're in an impossible situation today, I dare you to believe that God is setting you up to show His glory in your life.  Just do what Moses told the Children of Israel to do in verse 13.  He told them to stand firm and watch God do His work of salvation.  He said "Take a good look at the Egyptians today for you're never going to see them again".  With faith my Friends, God will show His glory and destroy our enemies the same way.  Just stand back and let Him work.

Prayer: Lord I place my life in Your hands.  Although the trouble in my life cause me to fear, I'll never let go of You.  I'll stand and watch You deliver me.  Lord, You're mighty.  Lord, You're mighty.  Yes, You are so mighty....Amen!              

No comments: