The Father's Love

Thursday, August 5th, 2010

Today's Passage: Isaiah 43:4
Memory Verse: Isaiah 43:4-5

Have you seen the news lately?  It seems there are a lot of children missing from their homes.  Whether they're kidnapped or decide to run away, more and more parents are having to deal with this problem every day.

How painful it must be to be a parent of a missing child.  I remember the night my family and I went walking in the Ravines (state park).  My 12- year- old was ahead of me, while my 8- year-old was with me.  As my 8-year-old loves to be with his brother, he asked me if he could run ahead to join him.  While doing so, he got turned around in the park.  The next 15 minutes in the park was an all-out blitz to find my son.  Praying (and crying), I yelled his name as loud as I could at first to no avail.  However, it wasn't long afterward that God allowed us to find him.  During the time my son was missing, the fear that filled my heart grew within me exponentially.  My own mind began to betray me by creating thoughts of life without my boy.  I could feel the strength leaving my body with every minute that passed by.

After returning home from our ordeal, I remember thanking God for what He'd done.  In the midst of my prayer, God said, "How do you think I feel everyday when I think about all my lost children"?  Whether they're kidnapped by the ploys of the enemy, or choose to run away, the pain of not having them in God's life hurts Him deeply.  In Isaiah 43:4, God says "That's how much you mean to me!  That's how much I love you!  I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you".  It's good to know even after the crucifixion, He is still willing to pay the ransom so His children can come home.         

I challenge you to first make sure you're still in your Father's care.  Don't run away from Him.  He loves you so much.  Second,  if you know someone who's been kidnapped by the enemy, pray for them fervently.  They need you.  Let them know God will pay the same ransom for them as He did for you.  Tell them coming back home is ALWAYS an option.  

Prayer:  Father,  I'm overwhelmed with the way You love me.  Even when I walked away from You You still loved me.  If I've separated myself from You, please let me come home.  My life is Yours forever.  Comfort all the parents going through the tragedy of losing a child.  We pray for the safety of all lost children, that they will soon be brought back home, in Jesus' name Amen.   

No comments: