Failure Is Not An Option!

Thursday, August 26th, 2010

Today's Passage: Colossians 1:19-23
Memory Verse: Col. 1:21-22

What an interesting week this has been already!  Back-to-school times are always hectic as     parents try to pull what resources they can together to make sure their children have what they need to be successful.  But at my daughter's sixth grade open house, I realized how important it is to be involved in our children's lives.  Instead of just handing us schedules and showing us what rooms our babies would be going to, those teachers took the time to explain exactly what would be required in each subject area.

As a parent, I was very impressed.  I was also ashamed of how easily I would have accepted the schedules and push out the door if this is what we had been offered.  I could think of so many excuses for not really wanting to invest the time needed to find out about our children's education.  One major reason we can all agree stops us from being more involved is WE'RE JUST PLAIN TIRED.  And so we allow things to fall through the cracks like what our kids may or may not be wearing to school, homework, or behavior patterns they may be picking up.

Maybe that's why my heart jumped for joy when I heard how dedicated the administration at my kids' middle school are to make sure failure is not an option this year.  They have put plans in place to help students be successful whether they want to be or not.  When a student fails or misses a test, that student will simply miss out on his or her free time in order to make it up.  This plan is really exciting because it takes the responsibility of finding time to catch up on their own away from the students.  And that's where our Heavenly Father comes in.

Aren't you glad you serve a God Who has already put a PLAN of salvation in place for you that makes failure impossible?  The blood of Jesus was shed, making it impossible for the enemy to stop you from walking in every single promise that was provided for you.  If you happen to fall, you have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Himself, Who walked in our shoes and was tempted as we are, yet without sin.  Yes, we're in a war, but you can relax in the knowledge that the battle's already been won.  Are you a believer today?  Then yes, even for you, failure is not an option.

Prayer: Father, nothing I could ever have done would be able to bring me the redemption You provided.  My steps are ordered because of You, and the enemy is under my feet.  May I always walk with my head high and make You proud forever.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.      

No comments: