Many, Many, Thanks!!!

Sunday August 8, 2010

Today's Passage: Matthew 10:39-40
Memory Verse: Same

Awesome job Td Nation!  We'd like to commend you for the job you did on the 'Retool for School' event yesterday.  The way you came together to benefit those kids was truly remarkable.  Thank you so much for your time, donations, and prayers.  The reward for your selflessness has no doubt been recorded in Heaven.  Additionally, we pray the harvest for the seed you've sown comes back to you 100-fold.

In Matthew 10:39-40, Jesus says "If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself.  But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me.  We are intimately linked in this harvest work.  Anyone who accepts what you do, accepts me, the One who sent you.  Anyone who accepts what I do accepts my Father, who sent me".   I'm encouraged by this passage of scripture.  I'm encouraged because what I saw this weekend was the 'body' engaged in harvest work.   We were functioning as a body while we were producing after the kingdom of God.  Noone was "looking after themselves".  Everyone was totally devoted to the task at hand. 

God's people turned out by the hundreds to experience His love.  The hopeless were shown hope, the broken was shown love, and the forgotten was given another chance.   People were allowed to receive without being judged or looked down on.  The favor of God was displayed on every outfit, backpack, and pair of shoes.   God's heart was saying "I still love you Palatka.  If you'll turn to me, I'll do things for you you've never seen before".   So let's continue to seek God's kingdom as He'll add to us the things we need.  I again express many thanks to all the staff and volunteers.  Way to go Td Nation!!!

No comments: