Everything to me

Tuesday, August 31st, 2010

Today's Passage: Psalm 23
Memory Verse: Ps. 23: 5-6



On days like this, I'm grateful for the unshakeable Word of God.  Days like this when the seasons we are told about in the book of Ecclesiastes come.  Sometimes, we tend to quote certain passages so frequently that they may begin to sound cliche.  But on days like this, the Word has a powerful way of sinking in as we stand on it and apply it with all our hearts.

One such powerful  passage is the 27th psalm.  The simple words of a sheperd-almost-king reassure us that God really is in control of it all.  The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.  Jehovah Roha, my caretaker, will make sure that all my needs are met.  When something's missing from my life, He's already been in my past and has seen to it that the void is filled.

He makes me lie down in green pastures, and restores my soul.  With all the stresses of life and distrust of one another, isn't it awesome to know that where there is obedience, there is also provision?  The more I trust Him, the more He goes out of His way to show me that His faithfulness knows no bounds.  He leads me in the path of righteousness for His Name's sake.  This means he's determined to make Himself famous through me no matter what!  His Name is on the line-- I have to make it to the finish line!

Even when I must walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil.  Why? Because He is with me.  All I have to do is watch the shepherd's rod and staff, putting one foot in front of the other.  After all, my steps are ordered.  With every step, I walk in peace.  The peace that passes even human understanding is upon me.  That's the greatest way to be a witness!
  
The anointing of the Lord covers me at all times.  It enables me to do things I wouldn't be able to do otherwise.  It won't be a "just enough' anointing, but one that overflows and brings Him glory.  Surely, ministering spirits will be stationed about me always.  And the privilege of the Lord's presence will be with me-- forever.  What a promise!  I claim it as mine today, and invite you to do the same.

Prayer: Father, what can we say to these things?  You are for us, so we rest in the fact that no-one can come against You.  Thank You for Your peace in the storm, joy in sorrow, and hope in despair.  You truly are EVERYTHING to me.  In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

  

  

No comments: