In Due Season

Friday, August 27th, 2010

Today's Passage: Galatians 6: 7-9 
Memory Verse: Gal. 6:9 

Over the summer, I got involved in an online game.  Some of you may recognize it from Facebook.  It's called "We Farm".  The objective of the game is to purchase fields, buy seeds of different crops, plant them, then sell them to purchase more products on the farm.  The more crops you grow, the more points you can earn, and this will give you access to higher levels and larger fields.

My only problem was that I didn't understand the basic principle to earning extra points.  All I saw was that there were crops to grow.  I didn't stop to notice that there were time limits on each fruit or vegetable, but I sure jumped at the chance to skip the process.  Each time I went to buy some seeds, I was offered the opportunity to watch them grow instantly-- for a small fee.  Because I didn't want to wait, I eagerly accepted the offer to "purchase" a special gro solution.  Little did I know, all I was doing was using up my resources that could have been saved to purchase more property.  I even got so caught up in wanting more of this gro solution that I gave permission to deduct ten dollars from my actual account.  By the time I realized that was for real, it was already too late.

When I got tired of taking short cuts to this game but getting nowhere, I finally thought through it long enough to ask someone who had played the game successfully.  That's when they told me all I had to do was WAIT IT OUT and let the crops grow naturally, and they would bring me returns in due season.  Go figure.  You'd think if anybody knew about waiting patiently for a harvest, it'd be me.  But that just goes to show you how we are in this flesh suit we call a body.

We've been given a promise that God is going to produce good fruit in us.  But we want the harvest without having to go through the process.  And that just can't happen.  So our challenge to you is this: stay planted by streams of living water.  Saints who've overcome one trial and temptation after another are there to encourage and give counsel.  The best advice I could've been given is to just let the crops grow.  God designed them to bring a harvest, and that's what they'll do-- if we only wait.  New levels await those who wait on the Lord.

Prayer: Father, I can't count how many times I've impatiently jumped out in front of You, thinking I knew what was best for my life.  But now I'm learning to trust Your hand and not the other voices I hear, leading me away from my destiny.  Please keep me in Your path and continue to shield me from the enemy's grasp.  I'll take it one day at a time while I wait for Your great harvest.  I am Yours forever, In jesus' Name.  Amen. 

No comments: