A Complete Portrait of You

Monday, August 2nd, 2010

Today's Passage: Philippians 1: 3-8
Memory Verse: Phil. 1: 6

Do you find yourself struggling with thoughts of insecurity, lack of fulfillment, and depression?  Do you see yourself as not having a reason for being although you've given your life to the Lord?  Do you find it difficult to get excited about day-to-day living if no big "events" are going on at your place of worship?  Then I have some news for you: YOU'RE NOT BUSY ENOUGH IN THE KINGDOM! Not to sound harsh, but when you're involved in the workings of ministry, you simply don't have time to entertain such thoughts.

I've said all that to say this: God has placed something on the inside of us that He can use to further His kingdom. But the enemy stops us from walking in our purpose by placing false burdens on us to distract us from being effective in what God has called us to do and be.  If you didn't already know this, let me explain that God is a specific God.  He completes the portrait of what He wants us to be, then gives us glimpses of that portrait to inspire us and focus us on our walk.  If we're not careful, we'll miss those glimpses and forfeit the opportunity to be used by Him daily.

Let me give you a testimony of my own.  About twelve years ago, I remember being insecure and not at all aware of what God was calling me to do beyond singing.  When I wasn't doing that, I thought my life didn't have any meaning.  The enemy tormented me with a lack of fulfillment on days when there were no church events.  What was really lacking in my life was a personal walk with the Lord.  I was saved, but didn't understand what being totally devoted was all about.  Until I had an encounter with the Lord that left a lifelong impact on my life.

I had just had my first child, and dreamed that I was in front of a large audience whose faces I couldn't really see.  The enemy was also there, and with every effort I made to rebuke him away, he kept coming closer. He was not in the least bit intimidated by me.  So when I woke up, the Lord told me that the opposite of what I saw in my dream was true: I was really a threat to the enemy, and that He would use me to speak into the lives of many.  All I had to do was draw closer to Him.  In that moment, I saw that glimpse of a woman of God with so much potential to defeat the enemy-- not only in my life, but also in the lives of others.  Now I live to see Him use me to accomplish what He's promised.  I pray that you will live and walk in that same expectancy in Jesus' Name.

Prayer: Father, thank You for reaching into me and pulling out what You desire to see in me.  I pray that You do the same for my brothers and sisters today.  Remind them that You've begun a good work in them, and You won't stop until You complete it.  Thank You for keeping Your promises to Your children.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.      

No comments: