You Are My Every_____!

Saturday March 5, 2011

Today's Passage: Psalms 23:1-6
Memory Verse: Pslams 23:1

What an awesome God we serve!  Has He ever let us down?  I love the song our praise team sings that says 'there's not a day that I live You've ever failed to come through'.  No words are truer, especially in these difficult economic times.  So, I've gotta take my hat off to You God.  I'm feelin' David in Psalms 23.  With You as my God and King, I don't want nuthin'!!!!

As I look around, I seemingly see places and things I could easily complain about.  But, my true assessment of those things reveal they're not that bad.  In all actuality, God has actually bedded me down in lush meadows, and given me quiet pools to drink from.  The crazy thing is, I realize I'm being set up.  God's set me up to praise Him.  See, He knows I can't take the credit for where I am.  So, He's blessed me in ways that I have to acknowledge  Him.  His fingerprints are on my spouse (blessing), my kids (blessing), home (blessing), job (blessing), ministry.....well, you know what I'm trying to say, but I could literally go on and on.  Yeah David, I'm starting to know what you mean.  You (David) were in a place where you had to totally depend on God, and He didn't disappoint.  Even when the path where He leads takes us through death's valley, we don't have to fear because we know God's with us.  We don't doubt or question His power to save.  Nothing can happen to us without His permissive will.  So, all we have to do is stay at His side.  Many people make the mistake of running away from Him when they get frightened.  They feel, all of a sudden, that He is powerless to bring them out of the situation.  What they forget is when they run "from" Him, they run away from their last line of defense.  It is in that place they are more vulnerable than ever! 

Seasons change and times won't last, but You are my every___, clouds will come and they will pass, but You are every___; face to face with only You, I will not be moved cause I know You're my every____!  Those words sum up today's passage of scripture.  I don't have to worry about the changing times and circumstances.  Why, because I have a Rock.  I have EVERYthing I need; and what I need is You, Lord; only You.....

Prayer: Father, You are all I need.  I declare in Jesus' name, that I will not lean on or put my trust in man.  I will not depend on worldly things to do what only You can do.  My faith is rising to meet Your promise right now.  I am convinced that You have confirmed all the things You said; all the appointments You made.  I position myself for stretching and increase.  I present myself for teaching and equipping.  I'm ready for You, in Jesus' name. Amen 

No comments: