Prayers That Prevail

Sunday, March 13th, 2011

Today's Passage: The Book of Jonah
Memory Verse(s): Jonah 4:10-11 

Father, as I read today's passage, I am convinced that You are a merciful God.  Not only do You pity us because You realize how frail and fragile we are, but You also remember that we never see the whole picture when You assign us a task.  My prayer today is that You impart to me the spirit of divine obedience.

You've ordained deliverance for many nations that have sinned against You.  All You require are willing vessels to take that message of love and restoration.  I desire to be one of those vessels in these last days.  But I also am aware that the "I" must die in order for this message to be received.  Before I even get there, You've shown me over and over again that You prepare the listeners with a heart to hear and accept Your Word.

Even this morning, as we prepare to go to Your house, I ask You to consecrate my eyes, ears, and heart.  Let me hear with the spirit of wisdom and understanding what You have to say to Your people.  Then, when I am saturated with the words I heard, let them overflow from my lips like a mighty river into the hearts of Your beloved.  I declare that I shall only walk in Your love towards them, remembering the mercy You extended to me before I accepted Your Son.

Thank You for this wonderful opportunity to publish the glad tidings of Your love and grace.  May I obey without wrath or doubting.  May I harbor no resentment or malice towards Your people.  Let love cover a multitude of sins in my life and theirs.  In Jesus' awesome Name, Amen.

No comments: