It Ain't Where You Start...

Friday March 11, 2011

Today's Passage: Jeremiah 1:1-3:5
Memory Verse: Jeremiah 1:5

Everybody's got a story about their beginning.  Some have had rough upbringings.  Others have had really hard "I shouldn't even be here" type experiences.  But thanks be to God for where He's brought us.  I mean, if you're blessed enough to read this devotional, it means you are probably among the top 10 to 20 percent of the world's income bracket.  Don't believe me?  Here's proof.  You're obviously reading this devotional from a fancy cell phone, or a nice laptop or desktop computer.   Whatever you're using, you bought with the increase God gave, or someone who loves you gifted it to you.  So yes my friend, you're blessed.

God told Jeremiah He knew him before He formed him in the womb.  And before he was born, God sanctified him.  To me, that says God has a purpose and a plan for all of us.  He doesn't let anyone come into this world without a calling or direction.  When I was a kid, I'd often ask people how, with so many people in the world,  God took care of everyone.  I know now.  He purposed us to be the ministry of all of us.  Okay, that was a little confusing.  I meant, He sent us to be extensions of His hands; to bear each others' burdens.  His intentions was for there to be so much love in the Earth, nobody would lack anything.  Jeremiah chose to yield himself to the will of the Lord.  If all of us followed his example, noone would have to live a life without God.  I must have been a little frightening for a young boy to stand in the presence of a great God, but Jeremiah trusted Him.  He knew he was in the best of hands.  Speaking of trust, I'm also thankful that my shortcomings didn't disqualify me.  He told Jeremiah not to say he's a youth because he'd be used by Him regardless of his age.  I'm glad I don't have to wait until my shortcomings are gone for Him to love me.  I don't have to have money to serve Him.  I don't have to wait until people accept me to be called His.  I can serve Him right now.  His love qualifies me, and His grace makes me eligible for His purpose.

Finally, I don't have to be afraid this mission.  I know there'll be times when people won't want to hear me.  There'll also be times I feel I'm on this journey alone.  Truth is, He'll guide me every step of the way.  I'm never alone.  He'll be with me just like He was with Jeremiah.  So, rest assured Saints of God.  How you start is never a factor in how you finish.  As a matter of fact, God loves to use us "late bloomers".  You know who you are.  The I'll-never-talk-in-a-crowd, I'll-just-stay-in-the-back people.  God's looking for you.  He has something He wants you to do.  And guess what.......YOU CAN DO IT!   

Prayer: father thank You for Your unchanging love.  I'm so important to You, You chose me before I was even born.  So I can't this walk for granted.  I can't sleep on my time here.  I must take advantage of every waking moment.  I have to maximize who I am in You.  Send me, use me, launch me into Your purpose.  And I'll give You praise, in Jesus' name. Amen



No comments: