What Do You Believe?




We were studying God's Word one night when my youngest asked where Jesus came from.  He was confused because we were studying Jesus' birth, and, as you know, the scripture didn't specifically say who Jesus' dad was (in Landon's eyes).  Oddly enough, many people still believe the manger was Jesus' origin.  However, John chapter 1 tells us something totally different.

In John chapter 1, we're introduced to Jesus by His original name: The Word.  And guess what?  He was already with God when the world was created.  That's right.  As a matter of fact, it was through Him everything was created.  I get excited when I hear that.  It makes me feel good to know that every beautiful thing I see was created by God and His Son for me to enjoy.  Even I was created because Jesus wanted me to be here.  Is that a morale booster or what?  I don't need to wonder if my life has purpose or not.  Also, I can live with confidence in the fact that no matter what conditions I was born in, I AM NOT A MISTAKE!  So, what do you believe about Jesus?  Most of us will say we believe He's God's son.  Will we say however, we believe He's the source by which everything was established?  If so, then this must be a concept by which we live:  Everything was created by Him...for Him.  Aha!  Purpose personified.  Everything we are and everything we have was established to glorify Him.

Finally, I believe there are two types of people: those who believe in Jesus, and those who believe Jesus.  I'd like to think we not only believe in Jesus, but we also believe Jesus.  If we believe Jesus, we'll spend our lives living out the example He set.  As we believe He is the manifested Word of God, we must learn to spiritually create by Him just as God did.  Is depression trying to come into your life?  Create peace through Jesus.  Are you being betrayed or persecuted?  Create a friendship in Jesus.  All you have to do is believe.  If you believe Him, you'll be set free from everything that holds you back.  We must live to function for Him.

Prayer: Father, as long as I live I'll never be able to fully understand why You subjected Your Son to the ugliness of humanity just so He could take my place.  But I guess that's what it's all about: not deserving what You did, but yielding my own life to be subjected to persecution and service for others.  Not another day will I be confused about why I'm here.  You created everything to bring You glory... so here I am.  I'll always be Yours.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: