Prayers that Prevail

Sunday, March 20th, 2011

Today's Passage: Matthew 5-6:6
Memory Verse(s):Matt. 5:48

Father, if I ever get confused concerning what You want me to do and how You want me to live, I'll remember this passage. Many call it the Beatitudes, but I call it my Guide to Living Abundantly. You are so faithful in wanting to see Your children prosper in all things that You sent Jesus to lay it out for us exactly the way You've always intended for us to live for You.

Today, as I prepare to go to Your house, I just want to take a moment to thank You for showing me Your heart and reminding me of what You're looking for when You see my life. You're looking for a believer who is content to follow and serve You with total devotion-- even when everything doesn't always turn out exactly the way I think it should. You expect me to be the one to walk in peace and love everywhere I go -- no matter who else isn't.

You especially expect me to walk with joy and dignity in the midst of persecution rather than fall apart, for this is the same conduct You expected from Your prophets and other ministers who walked this earth before me. On top of all that, You have called me to SHINE brightly in this world of darkness, where many who carry the name "believer" give in to the temptation to please self first, and present a life of compromise to those who are watching us.

Finally, Father, You sent Jesus to make crystal clear to the world that Your law is not to be ignored or taken for granted. You expect us to follow It, but in the spirit of which it was intended, not only when we think someone may be watching us. You expect us to walk in love at ALL times, keeping in mind that it was love that was extended to us because of the blood of Jesus. What a HIGH standard You have set for Your children! But through Your Holy Spirit, I will accomplish living it out. Thank You for showing me how much I need You. In Jesus' Name,

No comments: