Prayers That Prevail

Sunday March 6, 2011


Father, I am content in having You as my God.  I don't want anything or anyone else to take Your place.  Why?  Because noone can love me the way You do.  Being generous in love, You gave grace, and being huge in mercy, You wiped away my bad record.  Your loved scrubbed away my guilt and washed me clean.  I am ever indebted to You. 

Lord, I know what I have to do.  I have to give You what You're after.  You want truth from the inside out.  So, live inside of me.  Make a new, true life in me.  Make a fresh start in me, Lord.  Breathe holiness into me.  Bring me back from my place of sin and complacency, and put fresh wind into my sails.  Allow me to teach the lost Your ways so they can find their way home.  Let me be real before You.  Going through the motions will never be enough.  I want that connection.  I want that encounter.  Remaining the same person I was yesterday is not an option for me any longer.  As far as church is concerned, make Zion (ALM) a place You delight in.  Repair our broken down walls.  Then You'll get real worship from us, acts of worship that signify our unwavering devotion; for now and evermore....in Jesus' name. Amen 

No comments: