What God is Doing

Wednesday, March 16th, 2011

Today's Passage: Luke chapter 1
Memory Verse: Lk 1:67-70

Wow!  Imagine going about your business when you are interrupted by a heavenly being who subsequently tells you what God says will happen in your life in a short time.  Naturally, something so supernatural would inspire a healthy fear, as it did in the hearts of Zechariah, Mary, and other people in the Word.  But although we may not claim to have seen or spoken to angels, we have this gift in earthen vessels that God uses to communicate His heart towards us everyday.

I distinctly remember a college friend of mine sharing with me a dream she'd had of me standing on a large stage singing, with a little boy  holding onto my legs.  Those of you who know me now may not find anything special about this, until I tell you that my life back then looked nothing like it does now.  Not only was I NOT a mother at that time, but I also possessed none of the fire and passion for God that I walk in now.

Another incident that I consider supernatural was when a close friend of Pastor Nette's came to visit and ministered to our praise team.  During her ministry, I found myself being so overwhelmed with God's Spirit as she imparted to me the desire to seek Him.  She kept saying, "Seek Him, and you shall see".  Little did I know that I would literally SEE melodies and words that the Holy Spirit wanted me to speak into the lives of others ( what I now know to be the spirit of prophecy).

Our H.U.M.P. Day challenge in light of all this is that we ALL have a gift to speak life into others.  Whether it is something the Lord will use to bring someone to Him, or if we're encouraging others, the point is that God's plans will come into fruition as we seek His face, and each life will be forever changed.  Take some time to seek God about those around you.  He will make you sensitive and speak through you to the multitudes.  Now more than ever before, God's presence is coming to dwell on the earth in these last days.  Are you ready?

Prayer: Father, in the words of those in the Bible, I say be it unto me according to Your Word.  I want Your complete will, and I won't settle for less until it's manifested in my life.  Thank You  for the grace to see Your love and patience overflow in and through me.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: