Have a "BENE-FIT"!

Monday, March 7th, 2011

Today's Passage: Psalm 103
Memory Verse(s):Ps. 103:1-2

As a worship leader,  it often puzzles me greatly that many people find it so hard to praise God. Since giving my life to the Lord, I automatically knew that I had stepped into something new that would change my life forever.  But even in times when we can't physically see how much of a blessing the Lord is, this passage has more than enough reminders to keep a praise on our lips.  It's actually a passage that inspired Pastor Nette's expression, having a "BENE-FIT" by praising the Lord.

Who wouldn't want to praise a God like this?  People who may not know our God need only ask the question, "What's in it for you?"  to get the answer: EVERYTHING!  He is a God Who is concerned about everything that concerns us.  When we come to Him filled with sin, He forgives us.  When we're sick, He's right there, singing healing over us just like a parent would do.  Because of Him, we'll never have to taste the second death, which is total separation from Him.

As for what some of our benefits are on a day-to-day basis, I only need look around me at so many unhappy people --even those who may have all their physical needs met -- to realize that I am extremely blessed.  From the time I wake up in the morning until I go to sleep, the Father provides an unlimited supply of every spiritual blessing needed to walk in victory every single second of the day.  I especially love how I can see my life being enriched inside and out because of Him.  Even in this corruptible body, I'm experiencing youthfulness rather than being washed-out from living for selfish desires.

Convinced yet?  I haven't even scratched the surface of all the things our God does that are praiseworthy.  I haven't even begun to boast about His faithfulness, His compassion, and His generational blessings.  And what about His love?  Oh, how awesome is the Father's love!  It extends high and reaches low to get us.  It never lets us go, but goes to the greatest extent for us.  Keep reading.  You'll find even more endless reasons to have a "BENE-FIT"!

Prayer:   Father, I am so grateful to You for keeping me blessed.  I will never stop praising You because You never stop loving me.  Just as You've gone all out to remind me that I'm Yours, I'll spend the rest of my days giving You exuberant praise.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.    

No comments: