Choices, Choices

Saturday, January 1st, 2011

Today's Passage: Psalm 90
Memory Verse: Ps. 90:12

Good morning, lifers and TD nation.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!  We're on the other side of a new season, and I'm so grateful!  Today, those of us who've made it into the new year are praising God for the privilege of being alive.  I realize the importance of having the right attitude to have good results, but there ARE no results without right choices.

So rather than just focusing on resolutions, I want to spend our time together asking for the wisdom to make these CHOICES this new year:

1. I pray for God's strength to arise early so I can hear His voice speaking and revealing to me the secrets of His heart, and so I can receive preparation for my day.

2. I pray for the wisdom to remember that I am God's minister and ambassador 24 hours a day,  7 days a week, 4 weeks a month, and 12 months a year.  Wherever I am, that is the pulpit I've been given.  May I always represent my Father well.

3. I pray for God's peace to so fill me that every storm I encounter will eventually bow down and be still... No matter how long it takes.

4.  I pray for the love of God to be the banner over me-- the one that makes me always patient, kind, not envious, not easily provoked, not puffed up in pride, never rude, and always hopeful.

5.  Finally, I pray for the grace to seize the God- moments that await me rather than procrastinate, foolishly thinking anything else may be more important at that moment.

My prayer today is that God would teach us all to number our days, so that we would always be able to walk in wisdom.  One wise choice at a time, may we all produce what God gives us to accomplish on this earth.  And may we live to see Him fulfill every heart's desire as we delight ourselves in Him.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.    

No comments: