Prayers That Prevail

Sunday, January 9th, 2011

Today's Passage: Romans 10:5-17
Memory Verse: Rom. 10: 14

Father, thank You for the cycle of Your kingdom.  You send out those who make themselves available to You, and they preach Your Word to the ones who've never received it.  Then the brand new converts fall in love with the Word and keep hearing it until they, too are filled to overflowing and are ready to spread it as well.  This is Your design for filling the earth with the news of Your love in preparation for the return of Your Son.

And yet, I confess that continuing what was deposited in me on a daily basis has not really been my life's goal.  I realize that all those believers who planted seeds of love in my heart by sharing with me what You did for them were filled with a passion to do so.  It wasn't a chore, or a matter of filling a quota, or it would never have made such an impact on my life.

So today, I ask Your Holy Spirit to fill me with that same fire and passion to fulfill Your command to go, preach, publish, and spread the life that will be the only thing that will change our world.  I especially ask for the spirit of selfishness to be broken off my life.  Although I face personal challenges day by day, help me remember to focus on Your Word to seek FIRST Your kingdom and its righteousness.

As I line myself up with the vision for this year that has been laid out by our pastors, fill me with compassion for the lost.  I need to remember that I was once in that same place, ignorant of Who You were and how much I needed You.  Let every action of mine reflect Your mercy and grace towards Your children.  For Your glory and in Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: