It's Your Turn!

Thursday, January 13th, 2011

Today's Passage:Numbers 23: 19-20
Memory Verse(s): Galatians 6:9

God uses many ways to get messages to His people.  He'll use a sermon, prophetic word, a song, and even visions or dreams.  So if you don't mind, I'll share a dream I had the other night.

I was seemingly awakened to the vision of a little girl asking her father to take her to the carnival that was arriving soon.  "Daddy, will you take me to the fair? I want to ride the carousel."  "Yes, baby," her daddy said.  "I'll take you to ride the carousel."  "You promise?" The girl asked.  "Yes.  I promise," her father said. The girl spent the entire day in excitement when Opening Day arrived.  That evening, she got dressed and waited for her daddy to take her.  "Alright baby," her father said.  "Let's go."  When they arrived at the fair, they turned toward the area where the carousel was set up.  But much to the little girl's dismay, there was a long line in front of it.  It seemed to her like every girl in town was waiting to ride the carousel with her father.  But she was still so excited, she was willing to wait.  To her surprise, however, her father looked at her and said: "Alright, let's go home."  The little girl was overwhelmed with disappointment.  "But Daddy, you promised."  Her dad replied, "I know, baby.  I promise.  You'll get your turn."

The same thing happened each night they returned to the fair.  As a matter of fact, the line in front of the carousel seemed to get longer every night.  The little girl could see the smiles on the other girl's faces as they got on and off the ride, only to have to leave without her turn.  The last day the carnival was open brought a wave of emotion.  The little girl still wanted to ride the carousel, but she had almost given up because of the long lines.  Much worse, it was even longer the last night they went.  And as he previously had, her dad just turned away, returning home without a ride.  Early the next morning, the girl's father got out of bed and got dressed.  He went into his daughter's room and gently shook her.  As she rose from her sleep, her dad told her: "Get dressed baby, today's your day."  She didn't understand what he meant.  He couldn't have been referring to the carousel.  The fair was leaving that day.  As they left the house, she soon realized they were headed to the place where the carnival usually was.  Upon arrival, they got out of the car and walked in.  All the rides were being broken down and put on the back of trucks.  But when they got to the carousel, it was still intact.  The girl's father went up to the operator and shook his hand.  Then he turned to the girl and motioned for her to come.  "Pick your horse", the man said.  She picked the pink one, of course.  She got on the horse as her daddy stood next to her.  "Hold on tight," he said.  The little girl was able to ride the carousel twice, for as long as she wanted to.

I don't know who this is for.  God has promised you some things and it seems as though everyone is getting blessed with what your Father promised you.  But if you stay faithful to Him -- yes, if you trust Him --  the time will come when you'll feel Him get your attention and say: "Today is your day."  And when that day comes, there won't be a line, anything man-made, or otherwise, in your way.  You're going to have to hold on tight.  Because His promise will turn out to be more than you ever asked for. 

Prayer: Father, I'm so glad You know what's best for me.  While I'm having to wait, You're teaching me character.  I'm learning to trust Your voice and Your hand.  I'm growing in my ability to depened completely on You through the process.  And not only that; I'm understanding that You want me to encourage others who may be having to wait, just like me.  When I come to the place of the promise, You'll get the glory for so much more than the eye will be able to see.  So I praise You in anticipation for the joy of knowing and loving You through it all.  In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

No comments: