Pre-Ordained to Fit!

Tuesday, January 18th, 2011

Today's Passage:Romans 8: 28-39
Memory Verse(s): Rom. 8:28

As believers, we are faced on  a daily basis with the struggle of walking the fine line between the belief in a pre-ordained course of events we know as destiny, versus the reality of things in our lives that don't quite seem to be lining up with who we are in Christ.  If you 've been there at one time, or are there right now, you'll be able to identify with the following questions.  Didn't I hear God right?  Why didn't that work out?  Why hasn't it happened yet?  Are things EVER going to fall into place?

As God always does with me, He interrupted one of my "winding-down moments" to teach me something about His relationship with me.  There's a cute little online puzzle game I like to play, and I began to notice the way it worked.  I would only be given a few pieces at a time -- some pieces that I recognized right away, and some that I'd have to wait until later to use because the pieces that they fit with hadn't been released yet.  Being me, I'd find myself trying to stick a certain piece in a particular place, but it'd just be kicked out.  So I'd keep trying it in other spots until it fit.  Then and only then would more pieces be added.

Get the picture?  Like the creators of those puzzles, God has already put our entire lives together.  But He knows there's no way we'd be able to handle the gravity of the whole thing all at once.  So He works backwards, giving it to us a few pieces at a time so that we can fit them in.  Here's where we run into problems.  Rather than trusting the One Who created us, we try to create some of the pieces on our own rather than using the ones that are already pre-cut to fit our lives, custom-made just for us.  We may try to decide to be something He never intended us to be.  Or, we might try to force things to happen that are not destined for a particular season, finding our own solutions for making those pieces fit instead of just waiting for the right ones and the right time.

Because our Father is so loving and patient, He has designed the game of our lives not to work right if we put the wrong piece where it wasn't meant to go.  The frustration we feel when this happens isn't meant to destroy us, just to get our attention back on His ultimate will for our lives.  May we stop struggling and rest in the fact that He really DOES know what He's doing with our lives.  All we have to do is let Him control every piece... In His time.

Prayer: Father, thank You for showing me such an awesome illustration about You.  The times I've failed to accomplish certain things were just times You wanted me to see were not ordained for that season.  I'm so glad You see my life as something You want to use.  Give me the heart to do things Your way, and wait for Your times and seasons.  I want the entire picture of my life to be completed for all to behold its beauty and glorify You.  In Jesus' Name, Amen    

No comments: