Praying The Father's Will

Friday, October 8th, 2010

Today's Passage: Isaiah 55: 8-11 
Memory Verse: is. 55: 11

We left off a couple of days ago describing the process of prayer.  It begins and ends with praise and worship.  It continues with the recognition of God's sovereignty.  And it keeps going with the promise that we can ask our Father for anything-- as long as that "anything" remains in the Father's will. 

One of the most important ingredients that make prayer powerful and productive is our willingness to pray the Father's will over our lives and the lives of others.  Just because we may desire for those close to us to follow a certain path, no matter how good that path may seem, does not mean that it's what God wants for them.

Let me explain.  My older sisters have always recognized the gifting inside of me to sing.  As a matter of fact, God used one of my sisters to open doors for me by allowing her to find the means for me to leave West Africa and come to the United States so that I could receive a scholarship to attend college.  She even struggled to pay some of my tuition during some very tough times until I could begin receiving that scholarship money.  But while I was in college, I met and married the most awesome man.  And once I graduated, God opened doors for us to become part of the powerful ministry called Abundant Life.

I don't even have to tell you that my sisters and I have agreed to disagree concerning where they think I should be living, and how they think I should be pursuing the gifting the Lord has given me.  As my children get older, I'm learning to release them into the Father's hand, trusting that whatever He ordained for their lives will come to pass.  I encourage you today to stand on God's Word for the ones you love.  But remember--it's His will that shall prevail forevermore, not ours.

Prayer: Father, there's nothing I want more than to see Your will accomplished in my life and in the lives of my loved ones. Please help me remember that You love them even more than I ever could.  So I fall into agreement with Your powerful Word, and declare that it SHALL accomplish everything You sent it out to accomplish.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.   

No comments: