God's Strength In My Weakness!

Today's Passage: 1 Corinthians 1:27
Memory Verse: 2 Corinthians 12:9

There's nothing more humbling than coming face to face with your weakness.  It can be embarrassing and humiliating all at once.  Just when you thought you were making strides, an area of weakness presents itself.  What is your area of weakness?  What part of your life do you finally need to have victory?  We have to discover these things and confront them.  If we confront them (instead of deny them) we'll move toward conquering them.

There was a time in my life when I was very selfish.  The thought of giving or making someone else's life better was not something that came easy for me.  I felt like I had been denied so much, I should just spend the rest of my life looking out for myself.  Then I met my wife and not long after that got saved.  What a life change!  My whole world revolved around pleasing Him and covering her.  When sharing was once a weakness for me, I was now giving everything I had to this new life.  I also discovered even while I was weak, God was still using me.  That season of time taught me how God has a purpose for our weaknesses.  Although I was used to hiding, defending, and even excusing them, God was calling me to confront them.  My bad habit was actually preventing Him from using me the way He desired.  His perspective was different than mine and I  needed to come to grips with that.  Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 1:27 "But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things that are mighty".  God chose my weakness to break my pride and thus make me stronger.  I love it.  

So don't worry if you have areas of weakness in your life.  Just submit them to God.  He has a purpose and a plan for them and for you.  He's waiting to take your weakness away and replace them with strength.  All you need is faith.  With faith, you can lay it at His feet knowing He'll change you for the better.  After all, a weakness is simply an area of life God hasn't had the opportunity to touch yet.  So let Him....He's ready.

Prayer:  Father I place my life in Your hands.  You know the places that need to fixed.  You know the things that need to be removed.  Make me what You want me to be.  Help me come closer and closer to being Your image...in Jesus' name. Amen!      

No comments: