A Prayer of Consecration

Sunday, October 31st, 2010

Today's Passage: Psalm 42 
Memory Verse: Ps. 42:1

Father, as the deer pants for the water, my soul thirsts for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water.  In a society where man has chosen to drink sodas and other enticing liquids which hold no nutritional value, I choose to wait on Your water that comes from above.  You created that thirst within me so that I'll learn to refuse every other substitute.

I'm thirsty because my throat is parched from the pain of consuming too much solid foods and not enough liquids.  Too many thoughts and ideas from the world have found their way into my spiritual digestive system.  Too many opportunities to depend on Your Living Water that I allowed myself to think I could put off.

As I prepare to go into the sanctuary, where You have prepared a refreshing through worship and the washing of the Word, I ask You to search my heart.  Flush out everything that exalts itself against the knowledge of You.  Replace every void, filling me with the goodness of You.  Remind me that Your lovingkindness is better than life itself.   I am ready to go to another dimension in You.  Let every scheme the enemy has attempted against my devotion to You be destroyed as I lift my hands in praise to You.

I declare over my life and that of all the totally devoted ones that the voice of the enemy will be silenced in our lives.  As we wait for Your rain, which will bring healing, restoration, and provision, we will do so in peace-- the peace that passes all understanding in the midst of every situation.  May Your Living Water flow to every part of our being and produce everything You intended us to produce.  I love You forever.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: