It's What Matters Most!

Saturday October 23, 2010

Today's Passage: Matthew 25:36-40
Memory Verse: 1 Corinthians 13:3

"No matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love".
1 Corinthians 13:3 (Mess.)

You know what?  I'm discovering more and more life is ALL about love.  Because God is love, the most important lesson He wants us to learn on earth is love.  Ever ask yourself what love was, or what it meant to love?  Well, 2 John 1:6 says "Love means following His commandments, and His unifying commandment is that you conduct your lives in love".  This "love" that we know has been tainted by our own ideals and experiences.  In a nutshell, our love is connected to our feelings, meaning we love what makes us feel good, and don't love what doesn't.  I thank God for His love not being motivated by feelings.  The Bible sums this up quite eloquently when it says "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us".

Let's face it folks, love is what matters most.  It's going to stand forever.  And believe it or not, God's going to evaluate us on our love in eternity.  His Word says "The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love" (Gal. 5:6 NIV).  I'm glad He's not going to ask me how many churches I planted (0), or how much money I gave (not nearly enough).  At the end of the day, my devotion to "Him" will be demonstrated by the way I treat "you".  Jesus said the way to love Him is to love His family and care for their practical needs.  Jesus told His disciples "I was shivering and you gave me clothes, I was sick and you stopped to visit, I was in prison and you came to me.  Then those sheep are going to say, Master what are You talking about?  When did we ever see You hungry and feed You, thirsty and give You drink?  And when did we ever see You sick or in prison and come to You?  Then the King will say, I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me--you did it to me" (Matt. 25:36-40).  My Friends, because love matters most, it takes top priority.  Without it, maximizing the necessary relationships it takes to have a good life wouldn't be possible.  Love will always save the day, and it conquers everything.  Does it keep you from getting hurt?   Gosh no!  But it does bring healing from pain and keeps you free from emotional bondage.  So allow the Word of God to teach you how to love.  Let it be the lifestyle that drives you.  You'll thank yourself (and God) later because you'll find it's the one thing that mattered all along.

Prayer: Father I thank You for loving me.  Without Your love, I'd never be considered for Heaven with You.  Now, give me the strength and the courage to share Your love with others.  Everyone should have the opportunity to know what You did for them.  You are so awesome!  I am Totally devoted to You...in Jesus' name. Amen!

No comments: