A Time of Peace

Tuesday, March 16th, 2010

Today's Passage: Isaiah 54:7-17
Memory Verses: Is. 54:10; 17

Have you ever been through a season when you thought all of heaven and earth was lined up against you? I sure have. Every believer has to endure a period of extreme hardship which fulfills two purposes. One is the enemy's way of terrorizing us into going back to our old lifestyle. The other is God's way of ensuring that we become tougher and more capable of handling trials, growing in maturity and perseverance through it all.

This passage opens up to us how God feels about what He's allowed us to walk through. It's sort of like when parents have to take their child to get vaccinations. They know it's the best thing for that child, but it breaks their heart to see him or her suffer so. God tells us that He had to hide His face from us for a short moment, exactly as He had to do when His Son was hanging on the cross with all that ugly sin upon Him.

But now that this hard season is over, you and I can take comfort in the Father's promise that His kindness will never depart from us. I can almost see Him hovering over us, soothing and singing peace over us after the storm. We have the Sovereign One's assurance that our foundation will be laid with precious stones (so we can walk in victory at all times). He's established a peaceful season for our children (wouldn't it be awesome to see our children go through life untouched by the heartbreaking situations we had to endure?)

Today, I come into agreement with you as saints of the Most High God that we are entering our season of peace. It's a season when the enemy is powerless to launch his weapons into your life. Believe me: they're lined up against us, but their assignments are canceled in the Name of Jehovah Shalom. He is also Jehovah Nissi, Whose banner over us is love. We can claim this promise that whoever assembles against us will fall. This is our heritage as His servants. Walk in your season of peace today and everyday.

Prayer: Father, I'm so grateful that You've been there for me through rough seasons. What the enemy meant for evil against me, You've worked for my good. Now, I accept Your promise of peace not only for myself, but for my children as well. I rest in the thought that the enemy is no match for You and Your ministering spirits, who will keep charge concerning me. I walk in this season of peace in Jesus' Precious Name...Amen.

1 comment:

Moose said...

Isnt it crazy that we allow ourselves to get beat up, shot down, and defeated by weapons that dont even work? God said the weapons formed against us would not prosper so I think we should all start believing that and stop being shot up by satans ammo-less artillery. Praise God for his awesome peace and the boldness that comes attached to it!