Like A Glove!!!

Today's Passage: John 14:26

Memory Verse: Acts 1:4-6

Sunday March 14, 2010

Blessings, Friends & Lifers! Have you ever felt empty? Ever spent days feeling like you're only a shell of your former self? This seems to be a reccurring theme among the Body of Christ lately. People go from day to day and week to week doing the same things over and over again. Before long, they're depleted of the life and energy it takes to be productive. If this describes you, don't be discouraged. There's a solution for this issue. The solution is a fresh infilling of the Holy Spirit.

Let's do an experiment. Find a glove, but don't put it on your hand. Just hold it up. What's it like? Is it flimsy, lifeless? Yes. That's what our lives are like without the Holy Spirit living inside us. Now put your hand inside the glove. Now what's it like? Move your hand around inside the glove. Is the glove being controlled by your hand? Yes. That's what our lives are like with the Holy Spirit living inside us. John 14:26 says "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you". God did not intend for us to live without His presence. The Holy Spirit is God within us. He's not that "goose bump" feeling you get in church. He's not a "lucky" charm to change your current fortunes. He's the presence of the Almighty God manifested in us. He's not moved by emotion or circumstance. He's moved by our obedience and faith.

I challenge you today to avail yourself to the Holy Spirit. He will give you the life and energy you'll need to make it through the day. He'll keep you on track. He'll take your prayers to the Father, and He'll even tell you what the Father is saying about you. You'll have a Friend in a very high place. So give Him a try today!!!

Prayer:
Holy Spirit, fill me now. I need Your presence in my life. Only You can keep me and sustain me. Teach me the ways of the Father. Teach me how to love and worship Him. Cover me as I surrender to You now and forever. In Jesus' name...Amen.

No comments: