I WILL Rejoice!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Today's Passage: Psalm 118:15-24
Memory Verses:Ps. 118:15,24

Alarm goes off. Sluggish feet hit the floor. Face and teeth are cleaned. For me, it takes a few minutes of a luxurius hot shower before I truly feel awake enough to tackle the day. But somewhere between there and getting the kids into the car and to school, something attempts to sap me of my energy. Thoughts of to-do lists that are already too long, or failed resolutions to eat right and take better care of myself, my family, and my home cloud my mind and take my focus way off of the promises of God.

Then a small voice that I almost miss reminds me that the Creator of All simply wants a little of my time, and as I bring myself into submission to His Will that says to seek Him first, I find everything added to me that I was looking for to begin with. God reminds me that, no matter what I don't have, there are plenty of spiritual blessings flowing. How does this help me have a victorious day, you ask? His Word tells me that the voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tents of those who are righteous. And why is it so important to be filled with joy? Because where joy is, there is strength to praise God. And where praise is, the presence of God with all of the benefits (peace, power, and prosperity in all we do)is close behind.

So this morning, as my day begins, I purpose in my heart to seek Him BEFORE my alarm and sluggish feet have a chance to throw me off course again...

Prayer: God, You are my God. Early will I seek You. Praise waits for You. Because You have been my help, I will always bless You. I will rejoice in the shadow of Your wings, and there will find strength to be everything You're calling me to be today (Ps. 63). In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments: