My Compliments To The Chef!!!!

Today's Passage: Psalm 34:8

Memory Verse: Ephesians 3:20

Thursday March 11, 2010

Hello Friends & Lifers! The motivation for today's devotional comes from a memory I had of being on a cruise. If you've ever been on a cruise you know how much fun they can be. If not, you gotta go. Words cannot express the lengths the cruise ship staff go to to pamper you. Well, the last time I was on a cruise I remember having dinner with Pastor Chad and our wives. We were trying to figure out what we wanted for dessert when the waiter recommended this pudding. Pastor Chad and I were quite skeptical as we are both picky eaters. To our surprise, the dish was delicious!!! I remember being so impressed I was compelled to offer my compliments to the chef.

My Friends, this reminds me of living with God's favor. He goes to such great lengths to take care of us. He dots every "i" and crosses every "t". He even gives us things we didn't expect or ask for. His love is so sweet. Sweet like the dessert on the cruise. "Sweet" is a word usually used to describe something you've tasted right? Psalm 34:8 encourages us to "taste" and see that the Lord is good. The author of this verse wants us to know when God gives, it has a lasting effect. It's something you can savor. Also, it exceeds expectation. Remember this: when you allow God complete control of your life, He'll always exceed your expectations (Eph. 3:20).

The challenge today is to give God total control. If you struggle with "letting go" and allowing Him full access, I encourage you to consult His references (Bible). He's never failed. Allow me to be the waiter who tells you to try "God's" pudding.....it's TO DIE for. After a taste of His love, you'll be looking up to Heaven saying "My compliments to the Chef"!!!

Prayer:
Father, I place my life completely in Your hands. On my best day I cannot come close to Your love and protection. I realize the plan I have for my life pales in comparison to Yours. So I choose You. Now, and forever...Amen!

1 comment:

Pastors Chris / Yassah Lee said...

I do agree... the love of the Lord is so sweet, it leaves a pleasant taste in your mouth and makes what you say to others sweet as well.