Position Yourself!!!

Today's Passage: 2 Chronicles 20:17

Memory Verse: Psalms 37:23

Thursday March 4, 2010

Are you a sports fan who just saw your team lose a big one? I am. Okay, for those of you who aren't, have you ever been too late for something? Remember that toy during the big Christmas sale? Yeah, too late huh? Someone else just bought the last one....ugh! Now you know the feeling.

I was reviewing an old football game the other night and I couldn't believe how many times the players on defense was out of their assigned positions. You could literally see touchdowns by the other team that should've been interceptions by our team, or first downs that should've been tackles for losses. It seems being out of position by the smallest margin can prove to be costly. Okay, I may be belly-aching a bit but stay with me. Life is full of battles and challenges, successes and failures. So as we live as God's created, we must always seek to be where He's purposed us to be. Psalms 37:23 says "The steps of a good/righteous man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way". God maps out our daily steps before we get out of bed in the morning. It's like a spiritual GPS system. All we have to do is follow the voice in the system (you know what I mean).

It's important that we do this when faced with trials also. The enemy of our souls prides himself on ambushing us from every side. No area is off-limits. He wants to destroy our marriages, our children, our health, our finances, and everything in between. So if the enemy is going to attack me, I'd rather be in position when he does. Can you imagine trying to fight the devil while you're outside the plan/position of God? In 2 Chronicles 20:15, the Lord tells King Jehoshaphat not to be afraid of their impending battle with their enemies. He told the king that the battle wasn't his, it was God's. Wow! For those of you who are facing a challenge as you read this, know that the battle isn't yours...it's the Lord's.

The key to success however is obedience. God told Jehoshaphat not to be afraid because He knew fear causes people to go their own way. However, verse 17 in the afore mentioned chapter tells him to "position himself". In other words friends, don't go your own way. Follow God's GPS coordinates and you won't even have to fight. You can stand still an see the salvation of your marriage, children, health, and finances. What a promise!

I pray you find the strength to get in position. Let God's power be manifested in your life. Don't ever turn away from God for anyone or anything, and the victory will be yours!!!

Prayer:
Father I thank you for Your divine covering. I realize I need to follow the plan You've set out for me. As I am faithful to You and Your instructions I'll walk in victory over every attack of the enemy...In Jesus' Name... Amen!

No comments: