No Preservatives!!!

Today's Passage: Romans 8:16-17

Memory Verse: Ephesians 2:10

Saturday, March 5, 2010

Blessings, Friends & Lifers! If someone were to ask you who you were, what would your answer be? Many of us answer that question based on what we do. Some of us answer based on what we like. So I ask, why is it so easy for us to identify ourselves by partial things? I was in the store the other day and I picked an item from the shelf. On my way to check out, my attention was drawn to the ingredients listed on the back of the container. What? The product was full of this and full of that. It caused me to question whether I was getting what I truly wanted.

I think God feels the same way. He knows who we really are. Yet, He still cares for us. However, we still come to Him with all our additives and preservatives in the hopes of convincing Him we're so much better than what's actually in the container. The truth is, the real man is exactly what God is looking for. He has no interest in what the world has added to us. He doesn't care about what we dress ourselves up with to convince others of our importance. He just wants us. What "He" created. My wife likes us to eat things that are described as "whole grain". You know, food items without all the dyes and chemicals that fill the other stuff. God wants us whole. He wants us the way we were intended.

The challenge today is for you to find out who you really are. Honestly, you'll not be successful in doing this without reading God's word. If you try to find identity in where you live, work, or who you're related to, the only thing you'll find is a bunch of additives and preservatives!!!

Prayer:
Father as I find my way through this life, help me grow more in You. Let my first desire be to identify more and more with You. Although I have been through many things, I choose to not be identified by them. I will not allow them to discourage or distract me. My life is always in Your hands, in Jesus' Name...Amen!

No comments: