Another Level!!!

Today's Passage: Luke 19:1-4

Memory Verse: Luke 19:5

Thursday March 25, 2010


Blessings Friends & Lifers! I start today's devotional by telling you I have good news and not-so-good news. Which one do you want to hear first? Okay I can't hear you through your computer/cell phone, so I'll just choose for you. The good news is God has so much more for you. The not-so-good news is you can't stay where you are to get it. You have to go to another level.

Remember Zacchaeus? I really like this guy. Zacchaeus was a local tax collector who the bible described as rich. This point is important because he was at a place in his life where most christians would become settled and complacent. But even with his wealth and all the respect that came with it, Zacchaeus realized there was something missing. Not even his lavish lifestyle could fill the void in is heart. There was more, and Zacchaeus knew it. Are you REALLY satisfied with where you are? Do you REALLY think this is it? Have you prayed & fasted enough, praised & worshipped enough, or read & studied enough? Can you say you've had enough of His presence, His love, and His peace? If the answer to any of those questions is no, I challenge you to find your next level.

Zacchaeus looked over his life and suddenly realized he wasn't missing a "what", he was missing a "who"...Jesus. He didn't squander the opportunity to meet Him either as he ran ahead of the crowd and climbed a tree to see Him. My Friends, if you desire to have "more" in your life, you can't be caught in the crowd. You have to stand out. You have to take your passion for His presence to another level. Zacchaeus used a tree to get to his new level. What will you use? Don't know? I'll help you find out. All you have to do is confront the thing that keeps you from a personal encounter with God then find something to help you rise above it. For Zacchaeus that "thing" was his height (the Bible said he was short). Yours may be fear, so do something bold or courageous. Or it may be pride, so lay aside something that brings glory to you instead of Jesus. No matter what it is you can overcome it. And when you do, Jesus will come into your (spiritual) house like He came to Zacchaeus'. You'll then have all the "more" you can handle.

Prayer:
Father I need more of You. I want more of Your spirit, character, and love. Possess me today. I refuse to stay at this level any longer. I'm committed to pursuing You to whereever You are. Where You go, I'll go. What You say, I'll say. What You pray, I'll pray. I desire to be in Your presence everyday I live. In Jesus' Name....Amen!

No comments: