It Takes A Man!!!

Today's Passage: 1 Corinthians 15:21

Memory Verse: 1 Corinthians 15:22

Sunday, March 6, 2010

Blessings Friends & Lifers! I was listening to a sermon one day and the preacher asked a question that resonated in my spirit. The question was "With all power at His disposal, why didn't God simply conquer death from His throne in Heaven? Why send Jesus? Why the horror of the cross?"

As that question turned in my spirit, I was reminded about the story I heard about an ant. Yes, just humor me for a moment. One day an ant strayed away from his family and decided he would go his own way. As he crawled away, he approached a path that led to a busy roadway. At that moment, a little boy looked down and saw the ant. The boy was moved with compassion as the ant walked closer and closer toward what looked to be impending death. The boy put his hand in front of the ant, hoping to make him turn back toward safety and security. But the ant crawled over his hand and kept going. Again, the boy attempted to re-direct the ant but the ant persisted yet again. After a few failed attempts to save the ant, the boy thought: "I'll send another ant to see if he'll follow him to safety". The last effort proved to be successful. Now imagine the little boy is God and we are the ant. No matter how hard God tried, we still would not adhere to His warnings. We were still not willing to accept His hand of safety. So He sent a "Man" who was full of His spirit, but exposed to the barrier of being human like us.

See, Jesus had to come and walk as a man for our deliverance to be successful. We would not have been able to concieve Him coming in His God-form. Like the ant, we would not have been able to relate to the "big hand" in front of us. Our spirits weren't ready for that level of intervention. The bible says in 1 Corinthians 15:21, "since by man came death, by Man came also the resurrection of the dead". See, Adam (man) messed it up, so God provided Jesus (Man) to fix it. So no excuses. As a "man", we can take authority over sin and death. And as a "man", we're responsible for bringing other men to God. After all, you're equipped with all you need. What's that you say? You're a live ant....I mean, man!

Prayer:
Thank You Jesus for saving me. I realize without You my life would've ended long ago. I can't imagine being eternally separated from You. I am forever Yours...in Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments: